Sunday, March 21, 2010

Why Am I Not Using Streamyx?

I've been asked this question for duno how many thousands of times. You know when it really gets annoying? Not answering the same thing again to different people, but to the SAME PERSON! Seriously, there's quite a few of them, after asking me once which I've exlpained in details why am I not using Streamyx and not long later, ask me the same question again!

I'm really tired of answering it. I'm not a record player ok? Don't expect me to answer you again and again when you won't even remember it. So I'm writing it here now, and the next person who ask me this question again will have my post's link stuffed to them ^^

I am not using Streamyx because the condo I'm staying is not using Telekom Malaysia's line. I guess it's some contract thingy that at each residential area there must be a few parts given to other Telco. So the condo I'm staying is using TIME dotCom (Formerly known as Time Telekom)'s line.

This is Telekom Malaysia's Logo

This is Time dotCom's Logo

So...Streamyx is provided by Telekom Malaysia, while I'm having TIME dotCom's line. You don't expect me to purposely go tarik Telekom Malaysia's line to my place just because of wanting to use Streamyx right?

Time dotCom do have their own broadband services, but it's freaking expensive. 1.5Mbps package for RM128/month ok? Yes I know, if I get one, I can have smooth sailing internet surfing experience with constant speed and all, but it's almost double the price of the broadband I'm using now.

Currently I'm using Umobile, and I guess unknown to many of you, yes Umobile have broadband services and I've been using it for almost 2 years now. It's only RM68 per month (RM78 for me, because I took some package that comes with the modem last time), and I can assure you it's much much better than the speculated "Potong" broadband. (I'm sure you know which am I talking about ^^)

Glad I finally wrote this post, I will no longer have to repeatedly explain the whole thing again ^^

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I din use streamyx also.. kaka... Umobile broadband? you are the first person i know using it.

Henry Lee said...

sad case... time is not a common service so they offer quite high fees. Anyway, if ur P1 service is god at ur place maybe u should change? or else just stick to time. Time has good idd service though :)

Ken Wooi said...

im with streamyx =)

kRaZy said...

Supia:
it's only available at Klang Valley lol. kenot use at other states =/

Henry:
Actually their price is high because it's really good. I have friends who are using it, and they claim that it's much faster than Streamyx.

ohmywtf said...

im using celcom b.band. Fast at certain area but slow as hell at my condo!

kRaZy said...

Kenwooi:
I think I can say that Malaysia is dominated by Streamyx, so using it would be the best choice but I cant =(

ohmywtf:
i tried celcom last time, doesnt work for me at my place lol

Kenzo said...

streamyx 110 a month. anyway, time provide 1.5M

kRaZy said...

Kenzo:
Ya but 1.5Mbps need to pay rm128 like a bit too expensive..sumore duno need to pay phone bills or not and stuff le.

Nikel Khor said...

i use maxis d..wakaka

from Nikel Khor

Sherlyn Foong said...

ooo..streamyx user here too.. think i should try out Umobile next time..
didn't know that they are offering broadband package too..hehe

kRaZy said...

Nikel:
I tried maxis b4 also, sux at my place..

Sherlyn:
Just stick to streamyx lol. Wireless very unstable 1. only use it if you have no other options =)

Sid said...

dude....you stay at bukit kiara....sure you get facility fibre optic technology...coz that facility speed up to 50Mbps^^cheers

Aidi-Safuan said...

may i ask u something.

why are u not using streamyx?

:p

kRaZy said...

Blogmaster:
But I'm not staying there and it's impossible for me to shift house just for the sake of getting better internet connection rite? =.=

Aidi-Safuan:
Don't make me hate u la T_T

Baboon Tan said...

I am still a loyal fans of Streamyx!
I still think Streamyx is more stable compare to those broadband, never use those Maxis, Digi and etc before. =)
Unless I am not staying in my house anymore!

kRaZy said...

Baboon:
Ya if can use streamyx, wireless unstable..only use if no choice lol