Friday, May 21, 2010

The Descent 2

WARNING:
THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILER, DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT
WATCH AND INTEND TO DO SO!



Synopsis:
"The Descent 2" picks up immediately after the events depicted in "The Descent." Sarah (MacDonald), emerges alone from a cave system following an expedition with her five friends in the Appalachian mountains. Distraught, injured and covered in the blood of her missing companions, Sarah is incoherent and half-wild with fear. Skeptical about her account of events and convinced Sarah's psychosis hides far darker secrets, Sheriff Vaines forces her back into the caves to help locate the rest of the group. Trapped by falling rocks, the rescue party are driven deep into the caverns, and as one by one the fate of the missing girls is revealed, Sarah is forced to confront her deepest fears.

Review:
Before I watched this, I thought that I have not watched the prequel before. But at the middle of the movie when those "crawlers" made their appearance, it was then that I realised that I did watch a movie featuring creatures like this before.

This movie in my opinion is quite plain. It is like repeating what have happened in The Descent, except that this time there are new characters ready to be ripped apart by the "crawlers". The gore level is lower than what I expected too. Only 1 part of the movie made me go "eeewww..." because I didn't expect the hand to be chopped off at the moment lol.

Besides that, I think that the way this story end is a bit sucky =x Everyone dies, and the last survivor who escaped thanx to Sarah, ended up ambushed and thrown back to the cave -_-" I would rate this movie 6/10, there is just not enough suspense/horror/gore in this movie for me =/

3 comments:

Koh Kian Fai said...

huhu this movie ah keong (siegterry) sure dun dare to watch LOL. =/ Lucky haven't watch yet kekeke

"I" the writer said...

Not enough suspense/horror/gore? WOW! Your 1 tough cookie ;)

Anonymous said...

Disappointed with the ending. Seemed too abrupt, or something. Should have been different.